Coming to this new year 2022, many still ask if the iPhone 6S Plus worth buying in 2022. After releasing in the market on 25th September 2015, more than 77 million copies were sold of this model of iPhone 6s. Another 20 million copies of the big brother iPhone 6S plus are sold. Still, people consider it as the most loved iPhone model of all time.
After 7 years if someone plans to buy it, will the iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S plus worth buying in 2022? We had a long post regarding this topic in 2020- “iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus worth buying in 2020?”. You can check that out for details. We will just go through briefly if the iPhone 6S Plus worth buying in 2022.
What to Expect from iPhone 6S or 6S Plus in 2022
- You can still be happy with the premium display & the stylish look of this model. As it offers a pretty standard display quality & the design was loved because of its slim & classy looks. Still, in 2022, the phone lover’s expression would not change. But if you are planning to buy one now beware of the phones with the replaced display as they most probably are not the original quality display.
- Don’t forget iPhone 6S or 6S Plus was a flagship phone in 2015 from Apple. So the premium feel is still there & its Aluminium Design is still hard to match to date.
- To discuss the Performance & Capability of the iPhone 6S in 2022 is a bit tricky. Because it will depend on the person and the type of use which you expected from the device. If you wish to is it for the primary role of a cellphone which is to communicate & stay connected, iPhone 6S will serve you, first class. All the latest features are still supported as this phone is now using Apple’s latest software release iOS 15.
- iPhone 6S camera was the biggest upgrade for any mobile camera of that time in 2015. So, it is definitely a good camera. But the technology has advanced a lot and the majority of the 2022 phones have a much-more advanced camera installed in the phone. But if you just think about serving your purpose of taking pictures for record-keeping or scanning documents, iPhone 6S plus worth buying in 2022
- The battery life of the iPhone 6S Plus will just be enough for you to do the day’s work. That will make iPhone 6S plus worth buying in 2022. But if you do heavy work like Gaming, Videography, etc, the backup will not be that good.
What not to Expect from iPhone 6S or 6S Plus in 2022
- First of all, don’t expect iPhone 6S series to play your latest games in 2022. Though it can play heavy games like PUBG or GTA 5, these heavy loads will drain the battery too fast & the phone will be very hot soon. But liter games like the strategy games might be played with smooth performance still. That does make the iPhone 6S plus worth buying in 2022 in this price range.
- Don’t expect it to be your primary camera. As the video quality is not the best considering the present day’s camera technology, also the photo camera is no way near to the latest iPhones.
- iPhone always had that issue with the Battery back up which they solved somewhat in the later models but in iPhone 6S you will most probably have to keep a close eye on the Battery level every now and then.
Key Features Of iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus In 2022
3D Touch: iPhone 6S introduced the 3D touch feature for the iPhones. With this feature, you can choose different options by putting different levels of pressure on the touch screen. This increased sensitivity option was a surprise back then in 2015.
NFC: Both the iPhone 6S & 6S plus include the NFC chip. But the use of this chip is still limited to use only Apple Pay. The majority of high-end Android handsets with NFC support a large range of profiles. Also, NFC can be used for short-range radio technology. But NFC on iPhone 6S series will not support anything except Apple pay.
3.5mm Audio Jack: This is the last model of the iPhone which supports a universal 3.5mm audio jack. So, you can use your old loving headphone on this phone without the need for an adapter.
Second-generation Touch ID: This small update actually made the fingerprint much more secure. While bringing much more pace and smoothness in operation.
Compatible with Apple Watch & Airpod: So far all the devices released by apple are compatible with iPhone 6S series including the Apple watch and the Airpod.
ARKit: Apple introduced its augmented reality platform ARKit recently. And as expected iPhone 6s series is not left out of this platform also.
Missing Key Features Of iPhone 6S Or 6S Plus In 2022
Though the phone is from 2015 and brought the biggest ever upgrade for S addition of the iPhones. Still, many consider a few limitations of this iPhone 6S series. Like some basic features which should be in all the flagships of that time. Even the mid-ranger does have these features in 2022.
Quick Charging: Nearly every midrange smartphone in 2022 does support quick charging options. So, you might miss this feature since the battery backup of the iPhone 6S might not be enough for heavy use throughout the full day.
Wireless Charging: The iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus don’t support wireless charging. Since Wireless charging is been around for years, you would find this effortless feature in many phones in 2022. But considering the price, you should accept that.
Limited Internal Memory: This phone starts from 16GB where the users will get the chance to use around 12 GB of space. And you can not use any external memory card. So both the 16GB & the 32GB version of the iPhone 6S might make you feel cramped with this limited storage.
iPhone 6S & 6S plus Buying Guide In 2022
After reviewing all the facts and specifications, there must be a question in mind. What is the worth of the iPhone 6S & 6S plus in the present market in 2022? And where can we buy them? Since Apple is no more selling this model in their store. The answer is dependent on quite a few factors. It will much depend on the source from where you are buying.
You might buy from someone you personally know and upgrade to another model. Or you can buy from some of the certified suppliers of refurbished iPhones with the included warranty. You can search and find a certified supplier in your country and buy it from them.
Another big source of the iPhone 6S & 6S plus can be online markets like Amazon, eBay, or Alibaba. The prices for iPhone 6S would range from around $100 to $200. And for the iPhone 6S Plus, the prices are from approximately $150 to $250.
But you have to be really careful about reading all the details given by the sellers. As they can be tricky and some tricky descriptions might cheat you. While buying from these online shops we recommend buying from certified resellers like SWAPPA & Best Buy in the USA. So, the iPhone 6S plus worth buying in 2022 only if you can get a really good deal in terms of price & quality.
iPhone 6S plus Worth Buying In 2022
Overall both the iPhone 6s & the iPhone 6S Plus are still pretty much good phones, but an important fact is a budget here. Especially if you want a phone as a start for the Apple phones, this phone is the deal cracker for you. If you can manage iPhone 6S at around $200 in good condition, you can still consider it a very good deal.
For iPhone 6S plus you might have to spend around $250. You might check the refurbished iPhones from certified sellers also. You might even get a phone like new with 6 month warranty for half of the real price. Definitely, both iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus are still worth buying with your money and will not frustrate you in 2022. And most importantly Apple’s support for the iPhone 6S Series will Continue till 2022.
Another most popular model of the iPhone was the iPhone SE with a 4-inch display. In April 2020, Apple brought back the iPhone SE with a 4.7-inch display and a very powerful A13 Bionic chip with an extraordinary camera configuration too. The new iPhone SE (2nd Generation) is considered the 1st ever budget iPhone by Apple as the price is starting at $399.
If you can manage the extra bucks, our advice would be to go for this budget superstar. In 2022 you can easily get a used iPhone SE (2020) at a very reasonable price like around $200. Also, Apple recently declared the iPhone SE(2022) version which will be a budget phone too but will offer all 2022 latest features & performances.
iPhone 6S or 6S plus Would Still Worth Using In 2023?
Though iPhone 6S plus worth buying in 2022, what about 2023? Since the year 2022 is almost halfway through, there is another question coming to the mind of iPhone 6S users. Would iPhone 6S still be worth using in 2023 or would become obsolete? The answer is not a straight Yes or No. It actually will depend on why and how you are planning to use that phone.
We don’t recommend buying the iPhone 6S series in 2023 as an upgrade from iPhone 5S or earlier. But if it is your first iPhone to start with and if you can get that very cheap like less than $100-$120 in a good condition, you might give that a try. As we mentioned in the above report the iPhone 6S series phones are very durable and constant performers. The phone can fulfill your day-to-day expectations completely if you can get a phone with an updated battery.
If you don’t wish to play the latest games, iPhone 6S or 6S plus will be able to serve you even in 2023 as iOS 15 is released recently and it supports the iPhone 6S series. That is very promising news for the iPhone 6S series users. That means you can still continue the phone for general purposes like checking your office mails and other activities required from a smartphone. The performance of the phone is much increased after the iOS 15 update. There is an addition of interesting features too.
But as there are other competitive models like the iPhone SE (2020) and the refurbished or renewed version of the models like the iPhone 7 or 8 is available in the market, it would be a hard choice to select to buy an iPhone 6S series.
So, for the existing users or recommendation is, “Keep using your iPhone 6S or 6S plus till 2023 without any performance issue.” And for those who are interested in buying a new iPhone 6S in 2022 or in the later 2022, we recommend, “Look out for the price difference of the later models of iPhones and then decide if you are really securing the best deal or not. If the price is not much attractive then it might be better to go for the later version of iPhones with more value for money options.”