Nowadays so many negative incidents are happening around us. The majority of us do face some sort of problem-related to our virtual life online if we don’t know online safety tips for using the internet. There are many ways we can fell into the trap. We need to be very careful about what we do online. Digital security is one of the most talking topics nowadays. Even if you have the Best Password for Your Account Security & Data Protection still you might get into trouble while surfing online.
Important Tips to maintain Digital Protection and Cyber Crime Prevention while Surfing Online
1) We need to be the Good Digital Citizen. And must grow up and need to be the adult. We need to act sensibly as below –
- Control your digital sharing habits. Do not share everything you get hands-on. Always try to think about online safety tips.
- Create personal lists with whom you want to share what. Be careful to share your personal pictures. Your kids are not public property. They don’t need to be in public news feeds.
- Filter your social media friends lists regularly.
2) Privacy settings and security details are a very important fact we need to take care of. Please follow below –
- You need to make a habit of checking your settings on all your social platforms frequently.
- Try to change your password regularly. Always use a strong password and never share it with anyone. It is recommended to keep the password in memory only instead of writing it down to somewhere.
- Keep your cell phone password protected in the same way. It is better to use a different password for your personal mail and social platforms.
3) We need to be aware of our online landscape.
- Set a Google Alert with your name and maintain it.
- You need to search your name in regular intervals online.
- You need to keep your online social media profiles updated and protected.
4) We must learn the laws of the Internet. Because of our actions, we might be in trouble with these modern lawsuits.
- Please learn the information and laws about cyberbullying laws.
- Also learn the Revenge porn laws. Might come in handy for your family and friends if someone gets affected.
- If you are being harassed online, always save the evidence. If you do need to file anything with the authorities, they will need this.
5) Dealing with a troll is important as nowadays we have to face such situations in social media.
- Don’t engage in trolling. Also, encourage your friends and family not to react on your behalf.
- Please keep the record of the incident. After you have copied the evidence, block the culprit.
- You can report the perpetrator to the site provider. You have to copy and paste how they have violated the Terms of Service or Code of Conduct. After that politely ask them to remove the Content.
- If needed you can tell a friend. Certainly, you don’t need to handle this alone. In such situations emotionally you can feel hopeless or powerless. As both a victim and survivor you need to know- you’re not alone. You don’t be embarrassed or ashamed. You need your full support system to work. Take care of yourself. Take care of your near and dear ones. People do care.
If you follow all the online safety tips for using the internet, you will be able to avoid the majority of the troubles.